The Randomness Continues

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bush Announces Supreme Court Nominee

On Tuesday night, President Bush announced his nominee for the Supreme Court Justice to replace retiring Justice, Sandra Day O'Connor. While there was much speculation about who the President would choose, and whether or not the Democrats would use the fillibuster on a justice who was too conservative, Bush's pick went far beyond their worst fears.

"His choice is someone none of us could possibly have guessed," said Senator John McCain (R-AZ). "He has had no previous political background, and has barely even had any experience in law!"




Despite criticism, President Bush stands strongly behind his choice. "I feel he is the very best man for the job," Bush said while milking a cow on his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

"After all, I chose him, hoho! I mean, that wasn't easy either. It's kinda like, as we say in Texas-- um-- it's like-- milking a cow with a-- milker thingy, you sorta don't-- exactly-- know what you're-- getting-- and--," the President paused to pull notecards out of his front pocket.

"I am very pleased with my choice," he continued, reading directly from the cards, "flip card to back, and I am sure that congress will agree with me, hold for applause and smile for pictures."

1 Comments:

  • Hi again! Well, I don't know Jenny/howtodrawaradish, she visited my site and she linked to me so I put her link on my site :)
    Sorry if my english sucks, haha.

    By Blogger Music for the morning. Not after, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home