The Randomness Continues

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

All the fans of the Montreal Expos are Saddened by the recent news that their beloved team will no longer be playing in Montreal. Both of them were quite crushed by this news.

"I've loved this team my entire life," said Jim Thompson, lifelong Expos fan. "Sure, they haven't been doing so well recently, but I believe if they were given one more season, they could really turn things around." When asked about the fact that the Expos did not have enough money to even play all of their games in Montreal (many were played in Puerto Rico), Thompson said, "Everyone has money problems. That doesn't effect the team."

He has a point. The team is actually doing decentrly-awful (65-92). They aren't the worst in the league (Arizona is, 48-109). But when it comes to fans in the stands, the Expos have been paying people to come to their games.

Dan LeBlanc, 65, is one of those fans. "I've lived in Montreal all my life. But I've never been a fan of baseball. I started watching the Expos when the Canadiens stopped winning (Stanley) cups in the 70s. It's weird not watching playoff hockey in June, and I guess the Expos filled that void. But a few months ago, an upper management type guy who works for the Expos approached me in the stands. He asked if I'd like to own the team. The guy said he'd give the entire team to me for $100. I told him I wasn't interested."

The news of the Expos moving to Washington DC has hit both men in different ways. "I guess I'll watch the (Toronto Blue) Jays," Thompson said, a little dissapointed. "But it won't be the same. Sitting in Olympic park was great. There were hardly ever any problems when it came to seating."


Areas in light blue, dark blue, grey, yellow, and red represent places no one ever sits. Posted by Hello

When asked what he meant by 'hardly ever', Thompson recalled something that happened a few months ago. "Dan LeBlanc stole my seat. I always sit in 213A. LeBlanc stole my seat. The smart ass said, 'You can have 214A'. I didn't want 214A! I've always sat in 213A, and Dan's always sat in 158C. That's just how it's always been."

When asked about the other 46, 499 seats, Thompson got mad and went to watch the Expos get beaten by the Florida Marlins.


To cover the costs of the building, the Montreal Expos rented Olympic Park out for use on the movie "Independence Day". Posted by Hello

LeBlanc responded in a similar way when asked how he will deal with losing the team. "I don't really care," LeBlanc said, obviously saddened by the loss. "Somethings matter to me. This doesn't. I guess I'll just have to find other places to get drunk at." When asked what he'll do during the NHL lockout, LeBlanc said, "That's different. You see, losing the Expos is like losing your wife. But losing the Canadiens for the season, that's like losing your really hot girlfriend on the side."

What Leblanc was trying to say was, "I think I'll commit suicide."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home