The Randomness Continues

Thursday, August 05, 2004

THE FOLLOWING CONVERSATIONS TOOK PLACE AT 10:47 am THIS MORNING:


ME: Hello?

MAN: Hello, may I speak to Mr. or Mrs. *******, please?

ME: I'm sorry, they're not available at the moment.

MAN: When will be a better time to reach them?

ME: Well, I suppose the police will untie them when they get here.

MAM: What?

ME: Untie them. Oh, they also have to take the gags off and let them out of the cages. I'll leave them a message that you--

::click::


THE FOLLOWING CONVERSATION TOOK PLACE AT 6:27 pm YESTERDAY EVENING:


ME: Hello?

WOMAN: Hello sir. I'm calling on behalf of (local candidate for congress). Are you aware of what (current congressman) has and has not done for the---

ME: Miss, how much do you make?

WOMAN: Excuse me?

ME: Money, how much money do you make for making these calls.

WOMAN: I'm sorry sir, but I think that's--

ME: Because whatever you make, I'll triple it if you never call again.

::click::

(NOTE: The guy in the first conversation actually seemed freaked out at first, but I started laughing a little bit near the end and I think he figured it out)

(FURTHER NOTE: Personally, I think the offer in the second conversation was a fair one, and I know I would have taken it)

(UNRELATED NOTE: Check out "This Land" and "Exorcist in 30 seconds (re-enacted by bunnies)" for two hilarious cartoons)

(WARNING: The first cartoon, "This Land", will take an extremley long time to load on dial-up, but loads almost instantly on DSL and anything faster)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home