The Randomness Continues

Thursday, August 26, 2004


Celebrity Poker Showdown, top this! Posted by Hello

The picture is based on the famous "Dogs Playing Poker" painting (shown below; original is without Homer, unfortunatley). While the picture itself looks pretty simple, this is, without a doubt, the hardest and most advanced thing I've done on this website yet. Kind of like that "Secrets of the Magician" show, I will show you how I did it, just so you feel dumb after believing it might have been true. Aren't I considerate?


The original picture (sans Homer). Posted by Hello

The 'method' I used to make the picture is one that has been used many times in movies. The first one that comes to my mind is Multiplicity, where the main character played by Michael Keaton ("I'm Batman") gets himself cloned. Because there is only one actor who can play the clones (that isn't always true, see The Matrix Reloaded), and in the movie 4 or more of them meet, they had to find a way to have each character on screen at the same time. I did the same thing.

To start with, I set up the table with cards and chips and put the mushroom at one of the spots. I then marked exactly where I wanted each of the 4 other mushrooms. That first picture is the main background to which I then added the other pictures. To get a realistic look, I moved the mushroom to each of the four remaining spots, then took a picture from the same angle and position as the original picture. (NOTE: This means that, unlike the Mushroom in History pictures, these aren't just the same picture used over and over. It makes each one look different) I then took each of the four pictures, cut the mushroom out using my crappy MS Paint program, and placed it on the background picture. It took several hours to get the final product, but in the end it looks really, really good.

(NOTE: This does not count as a Mushroom Picture Collection (see Mushroom Picture Collection: Part I and Mushroom Picture Collection: Part II). I will have another one of those up sometime soon.)

(RELATED NOTE: It takes a while to think up enough ideas to make a Mushroom Picture Collection, but it's worth it. Last time I got a lot of hits the first day one was up.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home