The Randomness Continues

Monday, July 05, 2004

Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel like taking the person in charge of making advertisements for companies, and beating them over the head with a multi-colored, rubber malet? Well today, I once again felt like that.

I was walking past the bra section at JCPenney, minding my own business, when suddenly several horribly awful pictures jumped out at me. You've seen them. At clothing stores, they have pictures of good looking people wearing their clothes. I usually do not have much of a problem with that. However, I've always assumed that the point of those were to show that beautiful people are happy while wearing over-priced clothes, and you should be too! But these specific ads, well they don't seem to have a purpose at all. Each one shows a beautiful woman wearing short shorts (I can only think of Chief Wiggum when I hear that song), with no shirt or bra, covering up her chest with her hands, or by leaning against a wall. First of all, under normal conditions, I have no problem with nudity (in reason). But, like I said, I thought those posters were supposed to make you see how great the clothes look on beautiful people, so you will think it's the clothes, and not the millions of dollars of plastic surgery, that made them beautiful! But when you're trying to sell bras, you would think it would make sense to show women using them. The nudity doesn't even add anything!

Since I am here to make the world a better place, I've decided I will come up with a way to right the wrong. All they have to do is make a few pictures of women wearing the bras they want to sell, and put them where the nude ones were. Then they can put the nude ones in the men's section! Now everyone is happy! Well, except for the starving children in Ethiopia. But there's only so much I can do... today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home